A Northern Lake Michigan Adventure of a Lifetime!
Who: Girls between the ages of 13 and 18
Sisters Under Sail Just for Girls Program:
Give your daughter the adventure of a lifetime this summer. In 2015, Sisters Under Sail is once again chartering the S/V Denis Sullivan for two, week-long, programs in Lake Michigan! We'll explore islands, lighthouses, and climb sand dunes. Sailing with an all-women crew, we work hard to establish a safe learning environment for our students. Take the helm, raise and lower sails, climb aloft and learn about navigating the Great Lakes. Our Just for Girls program is purpose-driven to:
- Teach a basic understanding of sailing a tall ship
- Foster trust, camaraderie and teamwork among participants
- Increase confidence through various shipboard activities
- Reinforce the value of sisters working together
- Build team communication, collaboration, and cooperation
- Appreciate effective listening
- Gain respect of self and of shipmates
- Learn that no contribution is too small
- Overcome fear of taking on responsibility
Space is limited to only 16 girls per passage and we fill up quickly. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Close to 600 other teenage girls just like your daughter have decided to climb aboard over the past 10 sold out summers.
Book your daughter’s voyage with Sisters Under Sail today!
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to complete your reservation.
All participants must complete the important forms listed below.
Jul 18 – 24
Mackinac Island, MI
Important forms and information:
Each participant in a week-long voyage will board the Denis Sullivan on Saturday at 1pm EST and will depart the vessel the following Friday at 3pm EST. Port to port information will be provided at a later date. After the initial non-refundable registration fee has been processed, the balance of the voyage fee will be invoiced with an easy payment plan. All participants must download the following PDF files. Please read through, complete and sign the waiver & release, trainee handbook, registration and medical release form and photography and media consent form.
These forms need to be either emailed, mailed or faxed to the Sisters Under Sail office to complete your registration.
- Waiver and Release 2015
- Trainee Handbook 2015
- Registration and Medical Release Form 2015
- Photography and Media Consent Form 2015
Feel free to contact Founder and Executive Director, Dawn Santamaria, with any questions!